What is WordPress?
What is WordPress?In Short WordPress is a CMS(Content Management System) and it is open source web application. It’s free to use for creating website or blog beautifully. And this CMS is very easy to use for creating websites,blogs etc.
We covered these main things in this post.
- Define wordpress.
- History of wordpress.
- Power of wordpress.
- How wordpress working?
- Top reasons to choose wordpress for your website.
What is wordpress?
WordPress is a open source web application that’s help us to develop our own web site.
History of wordpress.
WordPress was released on 2003 May 27 by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little according to wikipedia. And it is develop with php programming language. Till today wordpress is serve his service to more than 80 million live websites including ,
- The New Yorker.
- BBC America.
- Bloomberg Professional.
- The Official Star Wars Blog.
- Sony Music.
- MTV News.
Power of wordpress.
WordPress was developed with php programming language and it providing us more security to protect our full featured website. WordPress have more than 50000 plugins to customize our website according to our needs.
And this CMS is providing us updates every-time when that need security patches and improvements to speed up our website. So it is very helpful to our website stability.
How wordpress working?
Earlier days websites are designed using HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language). This HTML is the very basic of the all the websites till now. Our web browser is reading each and every tags in this HTML website files and then display the content of that HTML file.
WordPress in other hand we are installing wordpress CMS application on our web server in 2 minutes and without knowing HTML language just we use wordpress text editor to create web pages easily like word processing software. WordPress is develop with industrial-standard php and MySql so this can run on modern web servers.
And wordpress.com providing us free blog services also. We can use it to start a free blog.
Top reasons to choose wordpress for your website
- Open Source – WordPress is open source and free to use. So developers all around the world are working on wordpress to improve stability,security etc.
- User friendly – This CMS is user friendly like word processing software. Without having programming knowledge we can easily create web pages .
- Flexible and expandable – With thousands of themes and plugins we can expand the functionality of website and design of the website.
- SEO Friendly – WordPress is SEO(Search Engine Optimization) friendly application that help us to rank on main search engines in word. Like google,bing etc.
- Easy to find support – When you need a technical support you can hire an expert to fix your website problems.
- Control your own content – With wordpress you can easily import blogger,tumblr post .
See More Related to wordpress