How to setup WordPress on web server
Here we are going to show how to setup WordPress on web server?
Let’s learn how to setup wordpress on our web server.
We can setup wordpress using 2 methods.
- By uploading wordpress to webserver.
- By using your web server(CPanel) softaculous app installer(This is the easiest method).
First we are going to setup wordpress using first method.
1.By uploading wordpress to webserver
To follow this method we need 3 things.
- You need FTP access to your web server. Your web server providing company will send you the details of FTP accessing UserName, Password and FTP web Address.
- Then you need ftp client software such as Filezilla , Cyberduck to upload extracted files to our web server.
- You need a web browser.
To setup wordpress using this method we have to follow some steps.
- First we have to download wordpress from www.wordpress.org.
- Then we have to extract downloaded zip file to new folder in computer.
- Then we have to use ftp client software such as Filezilla , Cyberduck to upload extracted files to our web server.
- After that we are creating MySQL database and full privileged user for that database.
- Then we are configuring our wordpress website with that database.
So Let’s get start,
First we have to extract downloaded wordpress zip file to new folder. After that open your FTP Client Software and login to your ftp account using your username and password.
Then locate your extracted wordpress folder using FTP Client software. Mostly all FTP client software using left hand side to show your own computer files and folders. Right hand side use to show web server files and folders. So then please select all the files inside the extracted wordpress folder on your computer.
After that select the public_html folder in right hand side on your web server.
Then left hand side right click on selected files and click on upload button.
After uploading we have to login to control panel of web server for create a MySQL database. We need a database to setup wordpress. In cpanel(control panel) goto database section and create a new mysql database and user then give full privileges to new user for new database.
Creating the New database.
Creating New User.
Add New user to New database.
Giving Full Privileges to New User.
Now goto your website address (example www.techimate.com ) you will see the window like below and Click Continue.
Then You will see window like below and Click on Let’s Go.
Then type your database name,Username and password,Database Host as localhost and click Submit button.
The Click on Run the install button.
Then Give a site title, new Administrator username and password email and continue.
You are done how to setup wordpress using first method.
Now you can login to admin panel using www.example.com/wp-admin
2.By using your web server(CPanel) softaculous app installer(This is the easiest method).
First Login to your cpanel account.
Then goto Softaculius app installer section and select WordPress.
Now you will see wordpress Overview.
Select Install Now button and fill the details. With your own domain name,site directory(Keep it blank),Site name.
Scroll Down and fill the admin account details.
Select a theme Click on Install button.
Then you can see your new wordpress website.
More Articles related to wordpress